Sunday, April 22, 2012
I finished this a month or two ago; baby boy even then couldn't really be considered a baby, but he will be in the cot a little while longer.
I'm really happy now with the tumbler blocks, although I think I spent more time cutting them out than anything else which was pretty miserable. I took Mum's advice and starched all the fabrics before cutting to help keep shape, as I was a little apprehensive doing my first piecing involving something other than squares or rectangles.
Fabrics are my usual mix but in a slightly less multicoloured palette- I wanted a clean boyish-looking quilt in brights and navy. There are quilting cottons including several from the previous kids' quilts, and the Spots and Stripes poplin from Spotlight. I keep using Spots and Stripes because it is cheap (often on sale), lovely as a binding, and has not faded in my other kids' quilts (unlike some far more posh fabrics).
Quilted by machine 1/4" from all seams.
Backing was from East Coast Fabrics at Lawnton; navy stripe (Spotlight Spots and Stripes) for binding.
This is typical of my life at the moment- I am back at home, trying to do lots at once but there is always at least one little someone plus a big baby bump getting in the way. Happy chaos!